Blue Wedding Ideas
Does a blue wedding sounds like the right color choice for you? You're not alone! Across countries and cultures roughly 1 in 4 people call it their favorite. Coming in 260 hues for the deepest navy to the most delicate pastel, and fulfilling the old good luck charm “something borrowed, something blue” it is no wonder blue figures so prominently in wedding design.
If you think blue is beautiful and want to add it to your wedding fashion and decor, here are a dozen stylish blue wedding ideas that might help you make your decision.
1. Start with the groom’s attire. A blue suit always looks sharp on a man and brighter shades can make a fun fashion statement.
2. Then, get the rest of the guys in the game from the groomsmen to the ring bearers.
3. Finish off their looks with a blue tie, bowtie, or blue boutonniere.
4. Look for gorgeous gowns for the women in your wedding party. No doubt you’ll find them in almost every shade and style. You can choose dresses that match, or ask your gals to wear their own favorite blue dresses. The great thing about blue is the shades rarely clash and multiple hues can look stunning together.
5. If you don’t want to be left out when it comes to wearing blue, find yourself a dream dress for your wedding reception or engagement portraits.
6. Then finish your look with blue accessories and some simply divine blue shoes.
7. Set the tone for your blue wedding with a touch of blue in your invitations.
8. Add blue flowers like delphinium, cornflower, and hydrangeas to your bouquet or floral arrangements. All of these flowers hold up well and make a gorgeous pop of color in a blue wedding color palette.
9. Have your baker design a cake with blue frosting that fits your wedding look.
10. Set your table with blue glasses or china.
11. Or, use blue tablecloths to set off your table settings.
12. Light up your dance floor with blue lights or use a projector to light up the front of your wedding venue for an unexpected and dramatic look.
You’ll find wedding ideas in every color in our carefully curated Details and Decor Gallery. Jump on in to find and favorite the ideas you love the most.