VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID WORLDWIDE ENTRY IN THE 100 BEST WEDDING PHOTOS OF THE DECADE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
ALL PHOTO ENTRIES FROM A SINGLE PARTICIPANT MUST BE SUBMITTED ONE AT A TIME. PLEASE READ THE CONTEST RULES IN THE ENTIRETY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITING TO THE REQUIREMENTS ON THE PHOTOGRAPHS) BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST.
ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to professionals wedding photographers worldwide who are at least eighteen years old. Employees of The Curated Lens LLC known as World's Best Weddings and respective immediate family members (parents, siblings, children, spouses and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and household members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins and ends at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Contest Period”):
- Beginning Time: 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, December 10th, 2020.
- End Time: 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, December 30th, 2020.
METHOD OF ENTRY; NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED. To enter, complete the following steps during the Contest Period:
- How to Enter: Participants may enter by first following World's Best Wedding Photos on Instagram and then uploading their submissions one at a time with the hashtag #WBWPBEST100. Please note that this contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- Participants may enter up to 15 photos total, one at a time, and they are not allowed to submit more. Additional submissions may disqualify all submission received for the artist. Participants may request to remove any photo entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before the expiration of the Contest Period.
- Entry Fee: There is no entry fee for this 5th round of the contest.
- Requirements on the photographs:
- Created by the entrant between January 1, 2010, and December 30th, 2020.
- The Entrant is the sole creator and copyright owner.
- Photos from real weddings and photo shoots are acceptable.
- Photos can picture professional models if the photographer has a photo release.
- Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format, edited for the web in sRGB color space and be available with 72 hour notice at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 3 MB.
- High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable.
- Digital photographs should be available at the highest resolution possible.
- The photographer’s name must be included in the filename.
- Requirements on the entry
Limit 15 entries total. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means, and entries in excess of the entry limit will be disqualified. Entries will not be returned unless specified otherwise herein. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. All entries must be in English to the extent applicable.
- Additional Requirements on the entry (and the photographs contained in the entry):
Your entry must further comply with all of the following requirements:
- Your entry must not violate any right of a third party including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, confidentiality, publicity, privacy, and any other intellectual property right.
- Your entry must be your original work of authorship and sole property.
- Your entry must not contain any recognizable person or any personally identifiable information of any person, unless you can provide proof of consent and release from the subject or the subject’s parent or guardian (if the person identifiable in the photograph is a minor), upon request.
- Your entry must not include any content or material that depicts or incorporates unsafe behavior or situations, nudity, expletives, obscenity, defamation, discrimination, disparagement of any product, person, or organization, or any other inappropriate or objectionable content or material, as determined in the sole discretion by the judges and/or Sponsor.
- Your entry must not introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
DISQUALIFICATION. The judges and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify at any time any entry and any photograph in any entry that they determine in their sole discretion does not comply with these Official Rules. The Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to decide if a noncompliant photograph would disqualify any other photographs contained in the same entry.
USE OF ENTRY MATERIALS BY SPONSOR. By submitting an entry, you agree that Sponsor has the unrestricted right and non-exclusive and royalty-free license to use your entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish, display, copy, distribute, and sublicense the entry for advertising or publicity purposes, and to edit, modify, and make derivatives, all without additional review by or compensation to you. As a condition of submitting your entry, you agree that Sponsor may post your entry on its website, blog and social media accounts, web pages, blogs and social media accounts of third party media for their editorial and other publications for advertising and promotional purposes without review by or compensation to you. For this section, any reference to “entry” includes the incident of your entering the Contest and all the information and photographs submitted at the time of entering the Contest.
Awards, Gifts, Prizes, and Odds of Winning The Sponsor along with it's judges will choose 100 photographs from new submissions and prior winners of their current five-part contest series, The 100 Best Wedding Photos of the Decade. To give everyone a chance to participate all contest fees and prizes have been removed for this round. Gifts may be given away online at random times throughout the contest. These gifts will be entirely random and will be based on participation, not on merit. These gifts cannot be changed or transferred, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winners. Any costs related to participating in the Contest and claiming or using a gift, are the responsibility of the winners. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of photographs in each entry. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 to winners for tax reporting purposes if necessary.
WINNER SELECTION & JUDGING. All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s judges. Judging will be based on vision, creativity, composition, technical skill, lighting, timing, and processing. All decisions regarding the winners will be made by the Sponsor’s judges and will be final and binding.
WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential winners will be notified by email on or about January 4th, 2021, through their Instagram account. Sponsor will make two attempts to contact the potential winners. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the corresponding photo entry will be deemed ineligible and the next highest scoring photo entry may be chosen. Sponsor will have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the submitted entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will determine how to best allocate the Prize. The winners will be required to provide additional documents (such as consent and release of any person or personal information identifiable in the photographs and the original version of the winning photographs as stipulated in the rules above) and complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver which must be returned within ten (10) calendar days of notification. Failure to provide the requested additional documents or sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver may result in a winner’s disqualification.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR, PARTICIPATING SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT CORPORATIONS AND/OR SUBSIDIARIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”). FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW, FULLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. ENTRANTS AND WINNERS ASSUME ALL DAMAGES FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF A PRIZE, AND WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES ARISING THEREFROM. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISDIRECTED, LOST, LATE, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, AND SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE VOID. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY COMPUTER, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, (B) GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, (C) SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEB SITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, (D) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR (E) THE INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CAPTURE OF ENTRY INFORMATION OR THE FAILURE TO CAPTURE ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, AND INFORMATION. By entering the Contest, each entrant gives his or her express permission to receive promotional emails from Sponsor or from third parties directed by Sponsor. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use such winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, city and state of residence and all the entry photos for advertising, promotional, editorial, and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter created, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; VENUE. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Washington govern the Contest without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in King County, WA pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in King County, WA, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non-conveniens, or the like.
GENERAL TERMS. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify photos and entries that do not comply with these rules and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time. If the Contest is terminated prior to the published end date of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes based on the eligible entries received before the date of termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if any invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
SPONSOR; WINNER LIST. The Sponsor of this Contest is The Curated Lens, LLC, whose principal place of business is 14027 Roslyn Pl N, Seattle, WA 98177. The Sponsor expects to announce the winners on or around January 3rd, 2021, on its website. To receive a winner list, send an email to email@example.com within 30 days after January 3rd, 2021.
FTC DISCLOSURE RULES. Each winner is required to comply with the FTC’s rules governing online endorsements or any similar rules when posting online reviews or comments regarding the Sponsor or its services.