How to Make the Most of Your First Look
It used to be traditional that couples waited for their ceremony before they saw one another. Now, most couples choose to make that time a bit more intimate by seeing each other beforehand. By making that choice they give themselves some sweet, quiet time together before all the excitement of their big day and allow room for family portraits to take place without distracting from their reception. If you’ve ever thought that a “first look” wasn’t every bit as romantic as the old tradition, read on to find out how to make the most of the moment of yours and find 15 of our favorite photos from our galleries along with this week's Moment Award Winner from Belgian wedding photographer, Yves Schepers.
- Slow down. To build suspense and give your photographer plenty of time to capture your story, go slowly. Walk with your head high and your bouquet in hand, and let yourself feel the moment.
- Choose a beautiful path. Your photos will capture you as you approach the and the background can help enhance the final results. Come down the stairs gracefully or glide up a garden path for a picture perfect moment.
- Tap your fiancé on the shoulder or cover their eyes when you’re ready for the big reveal.
- Stand back, look straight into your their eyes, and do a twirl if you’re feeling fancy. This is a time to show off your fashion and let your lover see how much effort you put into looking smashing.
- Revel in the moment. Hug, kiss, and whisper sweet nothings. Let your photographer capture your joy while your emotions show, then ask them for some moments alone. Your day is going to get even more exciting as it moves along, so take time for the two of you.
When your wedding day is done, it's the moments that matter. Find the best photographer for your wedding and get ready to feel the magic! Want more wedding planning tips to make your day go smoothly? Check out our Wedding Planning articles!