Rainy Day Wedding Advice
Whether you think it is a sign of good luck or simply a nuisance, rain can happen on your wedding day no matter in which month you get married. Instead of fretting over unexpected showers, you can prepare for it by following our rainy day wedding advice. Who knows, once you have your plans in place, you might even find that a bit of rain adds charm to your celebration along with some wonderful photo opportunities.
Here are 6 things to keep in mind when planning for a rainy day wedding.
1. First and foremost, choose a location that has indoor and outdoor options, or be sure you rent a tent that will meet your needs. Read our Wedding Tent Guide to get the lowdown on how to choose a tent in the size and style that’s ideal for your wedding, and rest easy knowing you and your guests are covered.
2. Sometimes the forecast can change on a dime, so having a reliable source of information and keeping updated can be key to making good last minute decisions. Wedding photographers all over the world can tell you that there is a bit of magic to a wedding ceremony and that skies are known to clear up at just the right time for couples who take their vows outdoors.
3. Get stylish and durable umbrellas. Having umbrellas for everyone in immediate families and wedding parties can go a long way in keeping people happy. If you do not have a tent as an option, and there is any chance of rain, be sure that every guest has an umbrella to call their own.
4. Dress warmly, since with rain often comes wind and when the sun goes down feeling chilly can put a damper on your fun. Get yourself a faux fur coat or a luscious cashmere shawl to feel more cozy.
5. Pack a second pair of shoes. Silk and satin shoes cannot stand up to wet grass and slippery walkways, so bring an extra pair for your reception in case your first pair gets dirty during your outdoor ceremony.
6. Go with the flow. Some incredible photos like the ones below are taken at rainy day weddings. If you are of the mind to, you can embrace the weather and jump right into some photo ops that shine with personality. And by keeping an upbeat attitude, you will put your guests at ease so everyone will relax and have fun.
And don’t forget, when there’s rain, there are rainbows!
For more rainy day wedding ideas, check out our Photo Gallery where you’ll find tents, decor and fashions to suit your wedding style.