Yellow Wedding Ideas
Yellow is the color of cheerfulness, spontaneity, and sunshine. Coming in hues ranging from dusty blonde to bright gold, it complements shades of green, blue, pink, and purple, and looks wonderful on a white background. That’s why we see couples and designers using yellow when they want to add a joyful touch to wedding fashions, florals and decor.
If you love yellow and want to incorporate it into your wedding color palette, here are 10 ways to do it beautifully.
1. Deck your bridal party out in yellow. Rich golds and soft pastel yellow all work when it comes to bridesmaids dresses. Golden tones can look gorgeous in any season while more muted hues work well in the hot days of summer (or winter if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere).
2. Carry bouquets of yellow blooms. Black eyed Susans, roses, lilies, dahlias, and sunflowers are just some of the flowers that come in shades of yellow, and they all hold up well throughout your wedding day.
3. If you are a groom (or non-binary), wear a yellow bowtie or a yellow boutonniere. A little pop of color can bring your color palette together and add some fun interest your look.
4. Send out yellow invitations. Bright and cheery, a yellow envelope will send an uplifting message about things to come.
5. Lay out a carpet of yellow petals, and follow your beautiful path to say “I do”.
6. Design an arbor out of sunflowers or other yellow blooms.
7. Wrap a yellow ribbon around your cake, or surround it with yellow petals.
8. Decorate your tables with lemons and yellow floral arrangements.
9. Serve signature cocktails with lemonade or pineapple juice.
10. Rent a yellow car for a playful exit. Jeeps, Ferraris and BMWs are just a few of the cars that wear the color well.
Want to see thousands of curated wedding ideas? Check out our extensive photo gallery!